We will be accepting applications for 2015 scholarships beginning October 1 through November 15, 2015.
The Nancy Larson Foundation is proud to sponsor scholarships for college students studying to become elementary school teachers.
Juniors, seniors, and graduate students who have declared an elementary education major are invited to apply. They should submit a personal narrative about why they want to teach and what will make them excellent teachers. Applicants are also asked to include community service activities as well as experiences they have had working with children.
The Nancy Larson Foundation was established by Nancy Larson to encourage and support prospective teachers. Larson is the author of the nationally successful Saxon Math K–4. She formed Nancy Larson Publishers, Inc. in 2004 with the goal of providing engaging and challenging programs in content areas beyond mathematics. The company’s first release is the fun and interactive Nancy Larson® Science K–4 program. Science 5 is under development.
Scholarship Application Rules
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate junior or senior, or graduate student with a declared major in elementary education or equivalent. Must be enrolled and attending school for the Spring semester or quarters immediately following the scholarship award process.
- Submission requirements: 500 words or less personal narrative answering the stated question(s), official transcript, résumé showing employment history, activities and community service.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Only entries submitted on time using the form below or mailed to PO Box 6, Old Lyme, CT 06371 will be considered. Click here to download the application form for mailing.
- Recipients will be selected by independent judges and recipients will be announced by December 30, 2015.
The Nancy Larson Foundation will award the following scholarships to the five (5) best applicants: One (1) $1000 scholarship to each of the five (5) chosen recipients.*
- Employees and immediate family of employees of Nancy Larson Publishers are not eligible for contests or scholarships.
- No correspondence will be given regarding the competition itself and the selection of the judges is final.
- If selected as a recipient of a scholarship administered by the Nancy Larson Foundation, you agree to allow your name, excerpts from your personal narrative, and your photograph to be utilized in news releases, online media and publicity materials of the Nancy Larson Foundation.
- All entries must be received or postmarked by November 15, 2015. All required components for the scholarship must be included with your application. Nothing postmarked or received via the internet after this date will be accepted.
- Checks will be sent to each recipient’s school Office of the Bursar or Finance after proof of enrollment is confirmed.
* A minimum of five (5) scholarships will be awarded. More scholarships may be given at the discretion of the Foundation.